April 16-22, 2018
Buenos Aires, Argentina & Mendoza, Argentina
9.75 Hours MCLE Credit (including 1 hour ethics credit)
The section is extremely proud to announce the International Law Section’s 2018 Spring Trip and CLE to Argentina, on April 16-22. This is a once in a life-time chance to learn about the legal system and incredible business opportunities available in Argentina – while tasting the wonderful food, culture and history of Buenos Aires and Mendoza! Below are just a few of the highlights of this wonderful trip:
Touring and Tasting Events:
- Downtown Buenos Aires Sight-Seeing Tour
- Tango Show and Dinner at Madero Tango in the Puerto Madero
- Tour Teatro Colon
- Shopping at Alto Palermo
- Additional Mendoza Trip with dinner in Argentina wine-country
- Visit to Museo de Arte Latinoamericano de Buenos Aires (Malba)
- Dinner and Dancing on the River
- Industry and Commerce in Argentina: Exports, Economics, Politics and Legal Considerations
- Supreme Court Visit and Case Law Update
- Buenos Aires Efforts to Attract Foreign Investments by the Chief of Government
- Visit and Presentations at Buenos Aires Law School
- Oil and Gas Roundtable
- Recent Anti-Corruption Decisions presented by the Federal Court of Appeals
- Meeting with the American Chamber of Commerce
- How Texas and Argentina work Together
Register before April 2. The registration fee is $150 USD per person and the price increases to $250 on April 2nd. Space is limited to approximately 20 reservations – this event will sell out!
This registration fee covers the section’s costs to have bilingual chaperones and guides throughout the trip. It does not cover any other food, touring, transportation or other expenses. This will be a very small group so paying individually and arranging transportation should not be burdensome.
Logistics: Each participant will be responsible for making his/her own hotel reservations, securing airfare, and for covering all of his/her costs once in Argentina. We have arranged a hotel block at the Hotel Panamericano and a room rate starting at $165 USD per night.
Estimated Cost of Trip: Total trip cost estimate is between $3,000 USD (without the Mendoza Trip) and $3,500 USD (with the Mendoza Trip), per person . Each participant can decide which events to attend. All meals and events will be paid for individually.
Please contact Gabriela Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
Check out expedia.com for flights.
Something to have in mind when choosing a flight:
Buenos Aires has two airports, one is located outside the city and the other in the city.
- The first option, departing from Ministro Pistarini International Airport (EZE), this airport is about 22 miles away from Buenos Aires downtown and it takes about an hour to get there by highway.
- The second and third options, departing from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP) airport, it takes about 15 minutes to get there from Buenos Aires downtown.
The three options arrive to Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport (MDZ) in the city of Mendoza, this airport is almost 7 miles away from Mendoza’s downtown.
The cost are very similar, around $260/pax the round trip